Saturday, March 5, 2011

Penne and Smoked Sausage

Does anyone else just LOVE the magazines Simple and Delicious and Taste of Home? I have been following these magazines for years and get many wonderful recipes from them.  The recipe today is from one of them(can't remember which one).  Enjoy!
Penne and Smoked Sausage
2C uncooked penne pasta (I use Smart Taste, it is healthy pasta)
1pd fully cooked kielbasa, (I use lite, or turkey sausage)
11/2C milk
1can cream of celery soup(I used cream of mushroom)
11/2C cheddar french-fried onions,divided
1C shredded mozzarella, divided
1C frozen peas
I had fresh mushrooms so I added them also
Cook pasta and drain.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage for 5minutes(add mushrooms and raw onion here if you want them). In a large bowl, combine milk and soup and stir til smooth. Stir in 1/2C french fried onions, 1/2C cheese, peas and sausage. Drain pasta and stir into sausage mixture.  Transfer to a greased 13x9 dish.



Cover and bake at 375 for 25min or until bubbly.  Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...