Monday, March 28, 2011

Orange Fluff Jello

Boo Hoo....Kansas Jayhawks lost last night...what an upset! But, another great basketball season!  Since there has been no sun outside for awhile I made this bright and cheery jello.  I call it orange fluff, but I know there are many versions and names to this dish.  It is very versatile and you can use any flavor of jello along with the corresponding fruit.  Our favorites are the orange and strawberry. 
Orange Fluff
1small pkg orange jello
1small pkg tapioca instant pudding
1small pkg vanilla instant pudding
(I sometimes don't have tapioca, so I use two vanilla)
3C water
2 (15oz)cans mandarin oranges, well drained
1 (8oz) tub cool whip, lite
Combine jello and both puddings with the water and heat in saucepan until thickened, this takes several minutes and lots of stirring.  Cool mixture and stir in oranges and cool whip and refrigerate.  Try using strawberry jello with strawberries, yum!  You could even use one can mandarin oranges and one can fruit cocktail, just drain them well.
Old camera+dark cloudy day=bad picture! But, I'm sure it still tastes cheerful!

1 comment:

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Well, the photo looked good enough to know I want to try this recipe! Yummy! I bet my grandkids would love it too. They are Mandarin orange fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...