Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mushrooms!

Does anyone have a liking to sauted mushrooms? I love the things, can't get enough of them. They make me smile. They make my eyes roll back.  I would have never ate them as a kid, but somehow during adulthood I have found a liking for them.  My kids think I'm "totally gross" when they see what I am eating...oh well, more for mom!  If I go to the grocery store a couple days after the sale add comes out, which is Friday(and before the weekend), then mushrooms, apples, bagged salads,etc are all marked down. I always get mushrooms for 69cents!  I also get the bagged caesar salads for 0.99!!
This is a great recipe to have with grilled steaks! Enjoy!
Sauted Mushrooms
Melt 2T butter in a skillet and add 8oz pkg mushrooms; cook and stir until soft and release liquid, around 5 minutes. Stir in 2cloves minced garlic and cook for one minute. Pour 2T(I thought 1T was plenty) and cook the mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated, about 4minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...