Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cherry Chip Bars

GO KU!  GO KU!  GO KU! ELITE 8, HERE WE COME!
This recipe uses a cake mix and comes together quickly. You can double the ingredients and make it in a 15x10 cookie sheet.
Cherry Chip Bars
source: The Ugly Binder
1box cherry chip cake mix
1 egg
1/4C water
1/3C flour
1/2C oil
chocolate chips, desired amount, I used almost a cup
Mix all together and put in a greased 13x9. Bake at 350 for 15-20minutes, or until light brown.


If you look really, really close, you can see specks of cherry chip!
Update:  I just tasted this for the first time and I would say you need to like cherry chip cake mix before "liking" this...I do like it, and I did realize I would need to like this cake mix, but it wasn't all I thought it would be. I think I will try other cake mix flavors, like chocolate or spice, that would be really good with the chocolate chips. Even add nuts if you like!

2 comments:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

OKay, did it KILL you to be at that meeting last night during the game? It did me. But they won, yay!!!!!

Abby said...

I love cherry chip cake!!! Growing up my mom would always want to make us a special homemade birthday treat but all I really wanted was the cherry chip boxed mix! It probably killed her to make that for me every year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...