Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberry Bars

I am STILL waiting for strawberries to go on sale...I'm getting nervous that it's not gonna happen! It is almost the end of May and where I live they have not had any "good" sales on this sweet red fruit! Usually by now I have some in the freezer and I have my freezer jam made and fruit salads ate and yummy pies and cakes made, but...I'm still waiting for the sales. I want my strawberry short cake!!!
I went to Louanne's cute blog and found this Strawberry Bar recipe...I've seen this many times before, but with raspberry, but I'm sure it would be good with any fruit preserves. Once I get my strawberries I will make this out of my freezer jam, YUM!
Strawberry Bars
3C flour
1/2C quick cooking oats
1/2C shredded coconut(optional)
1tsp vanilla
3/4tsp baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3C strawberry preserves
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, oats, coconut, vanilla and baking soda.  Cut in softened butter until mixture clumps between your fingers.  Reserve two cups of mixture and press the rest in an ungreased 13x9 dish. Bake crust for 18minutes and let cool for 15minutes.  Don't turn off oven.  Spread preserves onto cooled crust and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Return to oven and bake for 30-35minutes.  Let cool and cut into bars. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Tiffanee said...

I have been waiting too. The bars sound so delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...