Friday, May 20, 2011

Chicken Poppyseed Pasta Salad

I LOVE pasta salads! They are perfect for hot weather and summer picnics and potlucks and quick suppers! And when the garden is in full bloom it is so fun to go pick half the ingredients and throw them in a bowl and make pasta!  I got this recipe off of allrecipes.com, but like all other recipes,  I change it up a bit to fit what I have in the fridge(or garden) and what our family prefers.  Have fun with it!
Chicken Poppyseed Pasta Salad
1pkg(16oz) penne pasta
11/2C cooked cut up chicken(I use rotisserie, or grilled, or fajita chicken)
2 stalks celery, finely cut up
1C dried cranberries
4 green onions, finely cut up
11/2C creamy poppyseed dressing
2tsp lemon juice(I omit this)
crushed walnuts(optional)
Cook pasta until al dente, about 8-10minutes and drain and cool under cold water and drain very well. Place the pasta, chicken, celery, green onion, cranberries into a large bowl and pour in the dressing and lemon juice and stir evenly. Stir in walnuts if desired. YUMMO!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...