Thursday, May 26, 2011

Irma's Macaroni Pasta Salad

Irma is a dear elderly neighbor, who over the last four years I have become good friends with.  My daughter and I always go visit her and we have wonderful talks.  Since I had to move away from my own grandparents, Irma has been a blessing to me in adjusting to not visiting my own grandparents 3-5 times a week like I use to.  I miss them SO much!    Irma had this pasta salad last summer and sent some home with me and my son and I went crazy over it and I had to have the recipe! My daughter and husband do not like it, they think it is too sweet, but my son and I think it is perfect. On a hot day it is refreshing and cool. It makes a huge amount, so it is great for potlucks and picnics.
Irma's Macaroni Pasta Salad
1pd shell or elbow macaroni, cook and drain and cool
1medium onion, grated
4 carrots, grated
1C shredded cheddar cheese
*instead of the carrot and onion, I just buy a bag of prepared coleslaw
Mix 11/2C mayo, 1/2C vinegar, 1small can sweetened condensed milk.  Blend with the cooked macaroni, carrot, onion and cheese. Refrigerate for one hour.
I also like to add 2-3 green onion and 2 celery to the bag of coleslaw...green pepper would be great too

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...