Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

So far my Spring favorites have not gone on sale at the store...strawberries and asparagus. Spring is quickly passing by and I'm tired of waiting for those bargains and I am craving both of these foods! So tonight I made some roasted asparagus and fixed one craving...oh it was SO good! You can season asparagus many ways and in my book they are all good!  I only got three lonely asparagus in my garden, maybe next year I will get 6 and that will be enough for one serving! This is the first year for it, so I'm sure I will get more next Spring.  If you are one of those people,(or you have kids that are) who won't eat asparagus because it looks like a weed, or it looks gross and weird(which it does!), trust me...you have to atleast try it, I bet you will like it.  Don't try the canned stuff first, it tastes totally different than fresh....kinda like canned spinach tastes way different than fresh.
Roasted Asparagus
One bunch of asparagus
olive oil
sea salt
fresh pepper
fresh parmesan cheese
garlic, minced ( I didn't have any so I sprinkled it with garlic powder)
Place asparagus(after you snap the ends) on a plate and drizzle with just a bit of olive oil and move the weeds, uh, I mean asparagus, around to coat them.  Then season with salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and garlic and toss around again to coat evenly.  Bake at 425 for around 15 minutes. I don't use one whole bunch of asparagus at one sitting, so my asparagus cooks quicker.  You can just check it at half the time and stir it around and take one out to check and see if it slices easily with a knife.  The parmesan cheese tends to cook fast and can burn if you don't toss them around while they cook. I also line my baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
This recipe is linked to Potluck Sunday over at the blog Mommy's Kitchen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...