Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Malibu Chicken

Wind Wind Go Away, don't ever come back another day! I know this is Kansas, and at that, it's Western Kansas....but, I seriously did not know the wind could blow so strong for so long! WOW! I literally can not even walk in a straight line outside and I know if I put my 5 yr old daughter outside she would blow to Texas!  I guess that means no grilling tonight, ugh! This is a very simple and kid friendly supper that I found over at the cute and yummy blog One Crazy Cookie.  It's a great idea and so tasty! If you don't want to use breaded chicken tenderloins, try the fully cooked grilled chicken breasts, those are good.
Malibu Chicken-
fully cooked breaded chicken tenders
slices of swiss cheese
slices of ham lunch meat
fresh baby spinach(my addition, optional)
Cook chicken tenders according to package directions in the oven. Place some ham lunch meat and then a slice of cheese on top. If using fresh spinach add that too, under the cheese.  Put back in the oven long enough to heat through and melt the cheese, VOILA, supper is done!  I am serving these with roasted asparagus and a fruit salad.  Visit One Crazy Cookie to get her yummy mustard dipping sauce.  We use ranch.   Update: Next time I make these I will use the fully cooked grilled chicken breasts, I think that will keep the chicken moist. The breaded chicken tenders tend to be dry and if you don't dip them in a sauce they are too dry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...