Monday, May 23, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I love these sandwiches! I started eating them back when Arby's came out with them a few years ago and just make my own version at home.  You don't have to heat up the house and they are quick and versatile, I just throw in whatever ingredients I happen to have. 
The base is cooked chicken. Use your own that you've precooked, use rotiserrie, or use canned.  This time I used one can of chicken and shredded it good. Then I added around 1/2C mayo. I used 1 green onion, finely chopped and 1 celery stalk, finely chopped.  Add in as many grapes as you like and cut them in halves, I used around 1C of grapes. If you don't want grapes, you could use craisins or raisins.  I diced up an apple and threw it in. I like walnuts on my sandwich, but no one else does, so I throw some walnuts on mine at the end.  Mix everything well and spread onto a croissant, or bread, or a tortilla.
Easy! and very Good!
The kids loved these wrapped in tortillas! I wrapped them in foil and they were perfect for our picnic!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...