Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Zucchini Patties

Yes, if I'm posting about zucchini I must be daydreaming about warm weather again and my garden! My hubby keeps requesting these yummy patties and lucky for him I have tons of zucchini frozen from my garden.  Guess what? I found my grill! The snow melted and voila...there it was! So I layed out steaks and we will also have these yummy zucchini patties.  They are awesome! Make sure you use freshly grated mozzarella, it makes a huge difference with these.  Even my kids who don't like zucchini, unless it is in bread or muffins, love these patties.  The kids dip them in ranch and I just eat them with salt on them.       My daughter must be getting cabin fever also, all she wants to do lately is "pretend" camp. She packs her backpack full of camping stuff and we have a pretend campfire and pretend stars and crickets and we go pretend fishing and eat pretend smores! What an imagination she has! And it's fun...until about the 15th day of it...and then I get tired of "pretend camping" and then I want to REAL camp!!  Oh, how I wish my mind could be so content as a child's, no worries, just go along with the flow of life and constantly be amazed at everything during the day.  Children are such a blessing....they keep us adults reminded of what is important and help us to remember to slow down and enjoy our day...enjoy the simple things. Being a mommy is hard work...nothing easy about it.  There is constant worry and planning and juggling.  The hard part as a busy mom is taking the time to slow down and focus on what really matters.  If I can realize this now, while I'm young,  then I won't get older after my kids are grown and gone and only wish I spent more "time" with them.  Even as a stay at home mom, I catch myself being "busy" with stuff that needs to be done and not always taking that intentional time to just play with my daughter....like right now! I'm doing my blog and she wants me to go open "pretend" birthday presents with all of her friends(stuffed animals) because they are waiting on me and are so excited for me to join the party! How sweet and special is that! So, I better get to "my" party!!
Zucchini Patties
2C shredded zucchini(if frozen, drain well)
2eggs,beaten
1/4C diced onion,optional
1/2C flour
1/2C parmesan cheese
1/2C mozzarella cheese
salt
vegetable oil
In bowl, combine zucchini,eggs,onion,flour, and cheeses and stir. Heat oil in pan and drop patties in hot oil and cook patties on each side for a few minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with salt.

1 comment:

Kylee said...

This sounds great, gonna have to try this one. Your blog looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...