Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cheerio Treats

Sorry I have not posted in a few days...the stomach bug seems to be filtering through our house, UGH! Today was another snow day and school was out, but my son didn't have a fun snow day with the stomach bug, poor thing. It only seemed to last about 5 hours though, so that is the good part. I usually cook on cold, snowy days, but I too, am recovering from the "bug" and so I haven't been cooking much. I do have a fun recipe that would be great to make for Valentines snacks at school for the kiddos. Whatever holiday/season it is you can adjust the color of the m&m's. Valentine's is such a fun day to show those you love how important they are. I love to find unique ways, I'm not the kind of red roses and candy kinda gal. I'm more the in-laws watch the kiddos and we have a picnic inside on a blanket in front of the fire(or candle)and have a spaghetti dinner with a salad and wine and cuddle up and watch a movie kinda gal! I love to be romanced...I guess it shows me that I am worthy enough to have "thought" put into, not just the typical roses and chocolate...I know, I should just appreciate the roses and chocolate...and I do, but wild flowers and chocolate dipped strawberries just "tell" me more. There is more thought behind that...to stop and pick the wild flowers(during the winter!) and take the time to dip strawberries in chocolate. Valentine's should never be out of ritual or habit or "have to" it should be all out of what your heart says about this wonderful person in your life that makes you twitterpated and if you follow that then it should be anything but ordinary. I do believe women are naturally better at this, this thinking of different ways of being romantic...but, if we show him enough then maybe, just maybe, he will catch on!! Being in love is about the other person and what they like and want and desire, love is a gift from our God and it is to be treasured and nurtured. Give your man compliments and encourage him and don't be negative to him and just see what happens...he will thrive and come alive! On that note, here is a yummy recipe to make for your Valentine's!
Cheerio Treats
1C sugar
1C corn syrup
1C creamy peanut butter
1tsp vanilla
5C cheerios
seasonal m&m's 1-2C
In large pan combine corn syrup and sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow mixture to boil one minute and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add cheerios and m&m's and mix until coated. Drop onto waxed paper and allow to cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...