Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jello Pies

What is going on? A week ago it was in the 70s and today it is snowing! I guess I should not be surprised, that is just Kansas weather...and I have seen it do this in a day's time!  But, rats!  For some reason(maybe the snow outside) the cleaning bug bit me this morning, which my husband and I have both been wandering when it would bite me again, so thank goodness!  I have been cleaning those places that don't see daylight...you know, the basement storage room, the cabinets under the sinks, the linen closet! Boy, was that ever needed and I am glad it is done!  How does so much stuff accumulate so quickly? 
Since Spring is in the air(although not today!) I started craving jello salad, pasta salad, all those food items that you eat at picnics and when you are grilling.  Many of you have probably made this before, but it is so simple and so good and low in fat and kids love it and it just helps me feel like warm weather is coming, so I thought I'd spread the sunshine to you too!
Jello Pie
1 graham cracker crust
1C boiling water
1C ice water
1tub cool whip,light
1small pkg strawberry jello(or fav)
1C.fresh sliced strawberries(optional)
Boil 1C water and pour into jello powder and stir until dissolved.  Add 1C cold water and stir until thickened. Add cool whip and stir well.  Refrigerate 15min or until somewhat set up and then spoon into graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or over night.  If adding in fresh strawberries add them in before adding in cool whip. Note: this does make extra, it won't all fit into the crust...bonus!
*Another recipe that is so easy and yummy is pudding pie. Use 1small package of your favorite instant  pudding, we use chocolate, and stir in 1 3/4C milk and pour into chocolate graham cracker crust.  Let set up in refrigerator and before serving spread with a tub of light cool whip.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...