Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cherry Cola Jello Salad




I'm not sure I should have even attempted a picture of this dish! I guess it is red and cheerful, but I just couldn't get a picture of this dish that made it look appealing! But, it is yummy and so easy and kids love it.  This is a version of my MIL's recipe.


Cherry Cola Jello Salad
2small pkgs of cherry jello
1(20oz)can crushed pineapple, drained
1can cherry pie filling
1/2C water
3/4C cola
Drain pineapple very well...that stuff seems like it will drain for days! Place the reserved juice in a saucepan along with the water and bring to a boil. Set the pineapple aside.  Once it boils, add the jello powder and stir until dissolved, like 2minutes. Take off of the heat and stir in the cola and the cherry pie filling until combined.  Place in a serving bowl, or a 13x9 dish and refrigerate until slightly set. Then stir in the pineapple to combine and refrigerate until set.  I had to leave the house and the jello was set before I added in the pineapple, so I just stirred it in, not as pretty, but it still works! This jello can be tart for some people, so you could tone it down by layering it with a tub of cool whip, use light to make it healthier.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...