Monday, February 21, 2011

Spinach and Mushroom Chicken

Today is cold again, and it's a Monday, UGH! Oh well, I've got a lot of house cleaning to do, so it's a good day to be inside.  My allergies have already started so I think that may be a good sign that Spring is in the air...I recently found out I am allergic to all weeds and all grasses and sunflowers and a couple trees.  Can you believe it? A Kansas girl, allergic to sunflowers?! I didn't know it was possible! That should be like against the rules or something.  That's almost as bad if I were allergic to wheat...which thankfully I am not.  And go figure, sunflowers and daisies are my absolute favorite flowers!  I guess my hubby won't have to sneak into a farmer's sunflower field anymore to pick me some wild ones!  He does do that with lilacs, he usually asks first though.  I love wildflowers that you see in the ditches and many fields around here and he will often stop while he is out working in the country and pick me some and bring them home and surprise me!  I love fresh flowers inside, it makes me smile.  Growing up every time I went to my grandma's house she would have flowers, or even branches from her forsythia bush and lilac bush and have them in almost every room in her house....it smelled so good and it was so pretty!  She is very artistic and has a great eye for simple beauty and how to turn something boring into something special.      Today I am posting a recipe I have not tried yet, but recently found in a Taste of Home magazine...I love those magazines and cookbooks! So, if you try it let me know what you think of it...it sounds really good...although I'm not sure my kiddos are going to like it.  It says to cook your chicken while making this, but right now I have some fully cooked grilled and season chicken breasts that I am going to use instead.  One step easier for me. Enjoy!
Spinach and Mushroom Chicken
3C fresh spinach
2C sliced fresh mushrooms
3 green onions, sliced
2T chopped pecans
11/2t olive oil
4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts (4oz each)
seasoning
2 slices provolone cheese, halved
In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in the oil until mushrooms are tender.  Set aside and keep warm.  Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Spray grill rack if grilling and grill chicken covered over med heat or broil 4in from the heat for 4-5min on each side or until done.  Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3min longer. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture.

1 comment:

Frozen In Time, A Scrapbook Boutique said...

Hi Tammy! I love your recipes! We are going to try this one out tonight. Hope all is well, I think about your family often.

Thanks for posting all these!!

Joni Berblinger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...