Monday, February 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

Love is in the air! How wonderful it is to have love in your life! Whether that is your spouse, your kids, your family, your friends....it's a blessing from above.  Sometimes life is so daily and special days like today, Valentine's Day, helps us to reflect on all those special people in our lives.  I have a wonderful family. A husband who adores me(yea for me!!), children who are beautiful and happy and healthy and a mom and dad and grandparents and numerous other family members who are all terrific people...and I am blessed to have them in my life.  Today I think about and extend my love to my sister-n-law and three beautiful nieces, who are spending their first Valentine's day without her spouse(my brother) and their daddy.  He may not be here with us on earth anymore, but he is in heaven and our angel, and he is giving us extra love today...I can feel it.  A man like my brother no doubt has filled our hearts with love and now with wonderful, blessed memories.  Hug and love, every single day those that you cherish.  Tell them you love them, more importantly, show them you love them...they can be taken from you in an instant. Most of all, know God and know where you would go if you were taken.  It is such a comfort to know one day when I pass, my brother will be there waiting for me in Heaven!!!!
 I made my kiddos and hubby a special treat for dessert tonight.  You can cut down calories by making it with light cream cheese and light cool whip. Oh, and I am so proud of myself.....I did wake up early today(coffee in hand!)and made a special Valentine's breakfast!  It was so fun to see the kids' faces when they ate my heart shaped cherry turnovers! How's that song go? "love the one's your with" Amen.
Peanut Butter Pie-from a great blog, Let's Dish
1 chocolate graham cracker crust
1(8oz)pkg cream cheese, I used light
1tub cool whip, I used light
1/2C sugar
1tsp vanilla
1C peanut butter
Soften the cream cheese and add sugar. Beat together until smooth and then add vanilla and peanut butter and mix well.  Fold in cool whip and place in graham cracker crust. Refrigerate 4 hours. I think I will drizzle the top with Hershey's syrup before serving...you know, to make it even sweeter! Maybe draw a heart on top of it with the syrup..how cute!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...