Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kielbasa Casserole



This is a dish that I got from a Taste of Home cookbook years ago that my hubby has to have atleast once a month. I have altered the recipe to our family's likings. The kids mostly just pick out the sausage and eat it, but I have found that adding cottage cheese to their plates(I know this is extremely strange!) they mix it in with the casserole and it helps them to eat this better. I think it tones down the distinct sauerkraut taste. At our house we add cottage cheese to most casseroles and soups....this all started from my husband and his family. I thought that was so strange when we first married, but then I tried it with several meals and it actually made it better! Now, my son won't eat anything without it. I guess it's a good way to get your calcium!


Kielbasa Casserole

2C elbow macaroni, cook and drain

1 can diced tomatoes, don't drain

1 can sauerkraut, drain

1pd kielbasa, I use turkey sausage

2C cheese

*Cook and drain the pasta. Cut up sausage into bite size pieces. Spray a 2qt dish with Pam and heat oven to 350. After draining the pasta, add the sausage, sauerkraut, and diced tomatoes to the pan and stir well. Put in a 2qt dish and add cheese to the top. Bake for 30-35min or until bubbly.
Before adding the cheese




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...