Saturday, June 25, 2011

Garden Fresh Pasta Salad

I get such gratification from going outside to my garden and picking fresh produce to create meals with to feed my family.  It's like going waaaaay back in history and living like people use to, before there were Walmarts. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy today's modern conveniences, but I also enjoy not having to depend on any. Plus with a garden, I control, for the most part, what goes into my food. No pesticides and no chemicals.  This is a fun recipe to use all of that seasonal produce during the summer months. You can sub any veggies for the ones listed.
Garden Fresh Pasta Salad-recipe from my wonderful mother-n-law
1 large bottle italian dressing
1 whole bottle of McCormicks Salad Supreme
1/2 onion, red is best, diced small
11/2green peppers, diced small, I use less, or use a combo of red,yellow,orange,green
2 cucumbers, diced small
2 tomatoes, I use lots of cherry tomatoes,cut up small
11/2small pkg extra thin spaghetti, cooked, I have used just one package and it works fine
Cook spaghetti and rinse and drain with cold water. Chop all veggies and add to the pasta, along with the dressing and salad supreme. Refrigerate atleast a couple of hours. Stir before serving.
*if you don't serve this right away, add 1/2 the dressing before refrigerating and then the rest of the dressing before serving
*this is also good served warm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...