Monday, June 20, 2011

Fast Eggs for Busy Mornings

I don't typically make my eggs in the microwave, but I am NOT a morning person, and there are going to  be mornings that these recipes below will come in handy for me.  I'm not sure why my brain doesn't want to wake up in the morning, but it is bad...real bad.  I literally can't function in the morning until that first cup of coffee...and I only drink two cups.  I'm talking it is so bad that I bump into the walls all the way down the hallway to get to the kitchen to get the cup of coffee! It is terrible because my husband is a major morning person and he is already whistling when he turns off his alarm in the morning and then (when he is brave) he will try to wake me up by talking to me, or snuggling me....and this has proven to be dangerous at times....but, bless his heart, he just wants me to be awake like he is...and I really do want to be awake and in a good mood, but my brain is just so foggy in the morning.  He has learned after all of these years, and a few blows to his arm, to quietly exit the bedroom after he turns off the alarm in the morning and go directly to the kitchen and start the coffee, God bless him! That is love!
I got these recipes from the magazine, Kraft foods.
Quick Egg Sandwich
1 english muffin (or toast, or biscuit)
1 large egg
2 strips cooked bacon (optional)
1 slice cheese
Place an english muffin half on a microwavable plate and carefully crack the egg on the muffin, so that the egg white does not run off the sides. (this is kinda tricky at times) Microwave on high for 40 seconds.  Fold bacon strips in half and place over the egg and then add the slice of cheese. Top with remaining english muffin half. Microwave on high for 30 seconds longer or until egg white is set and yolk is thickened around the edges.  If you decide to use toast or a biscuit you may want to create a whole to hold the egg, so it won't run off the edges.

Cheddar Eggs
Spray a small microwavable cup(I use a coffee cup) or bowl with cooking spray.  Add 1 egg and 1Tbsp water; beat lightly with fork.  Stir in 1/4C shredded cheese.  Microwave on high for 11/2minutes or until egg is cooked, stirring after 1 minute.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...