Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reuben Casserole

A bonus recipe today! My mom just called and told me I had to put this on my blog..my three nieces,SIL and mom just had tried it for supper the night before and everyone loved it. I have not yet tried it, but have seen a similar recipe and wanted to make it. Of course, we love reubens, so I'm sure it is much quicker to make as a casserole and you probably have to like sauerkraut! Mom said she had never tried reubens with the russian dressing, but she gave it a try and it was good. Hope you enjoy it!
Reuben Casserole
6 slices rye bread, cubed
1(16oz)can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1pd deli sliced corned beef, cut up...or leftover corned beef
3/4C russian style salad dressing
2C shredded swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 400. Spray 13x9 and layer meat on bottom and then sauerkraut, russian dressing then swiss cheese and then cubed rye bread. Bake 20 min or so until bread is toasted and casserole is heated through.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...