Friday, January 28, 2011

Paula Deen's biscuits, oh my

I love Paula Deen and I love her down home cookn'. I'm not sure my waistline would like all of the butter and cream she uses, but my tastebuds sure do! I saw a recipe for her biscuits and I just had to try them, come on, they have heavy whipping cream in them! What is not to like about them?! I have not yet tried them with a lower fat version of milk to see if you get the same results, they are too good to do anything different! One of my favs growing up that my mom is the best at, is making biscuits and gravy. Any and all kinds of gravy will do! The best is ham gravy and biscuits, but we usually just do sausage gravy. I try to limit my portion sizes when I eat, but when this is on the menu, I stuff myself like a pig and love every second of it! I won't eat for a whole day just so that I will have room for biscuits and gravy! I know, I'm strange like that... Isn't it amazing how food can bring such joy!!???
You've got to try these, you will be the number one mom! My son's eyes roll back as he is stuffing the 5th biscuit in his mouth...he is in heaven and at the same time he has this worried look in his eye that he may explode and to help him! lol
Paula Deen's Biscuits
2 C self rising flour
1T sugar
1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
Mix all together until dough forms a ball. Put onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5-7times.
Pat dough into a 1/2inch thickness and cut out 3inch circles. Place on a greased baking sheet 1 inch apart and cook at 500 degrees for 10minutes. If you don't have self rising flour do this:
For each cup of self rising flour substitute 1 C all purpose flour + 1 1/4t baking powder and 1/8t salt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...