Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lemon cake

Today is my daughter's 5th birthday and she has requested a lemon cake with lemon frosting with a cherry on top! I asked her if she felt older today and she thought about it for a moment and she said, yes, I sure do! And she told me she grew overnight because now she could reach the sink without her stool, she was so excited! Oh, the joy she has brought to our lives!



Today I will post the recipe for her lemon cake, I'm not making it until the party tomorrow so I don't have a picture to post yet.

Lemon Cake

1pkg lemon cake mix, 1 small pkg lemon pudding mix, 1 3/4C water, 3 egg whites, 3/4C milk, 1/2t lemon extract, 1 small pkg vanilla or lemon pudding mix, 8oz tub cool whip. Spray 10x15 pan and preheat oven to 350. In bowl mix cake mix and pudding mix and pour in water and egg whites and mix 1minute on low. Switch to high and beat 4 more minutes. Pour batter into pan. Bake 25-30min or until done and cool completely. In another bowl mix extract, pudding mix and milk on low for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip and frost cake and store in fridge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...