Monday, January 24, 2011

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Monday,UGH! It is so hard to get going again after a fun and lazy weekend. My baby turns 5 this week, oh my goodness! I can't believe how the older I get the faster the time goes. She is our mighty one, she is a whopping 32pounds, but it is all energy and awnriness and sweetness! She wants a lemon cake with lemon frosting..??? Strange request from a child, but as always, mom will provide. Which means I will be making two cakes because my son and my hubby don't like lemon...go figure! Fun times, fun times! I had cooked a turkey breast in the crockpot and then froze it for later use. That is the best way to cook turkey breast, moist and tender...no dryness at all. I will post how I do that and then the recipe I plan to make tonight with some of the turkey. I will use the rest of the turkey to make chicken(turkey) spaghetti and will post that recipe tomorrow. It is so nice to take already cooked meat out of the freezer and make several meals from it and eat a couple now and freeze a couple for later.
Crockpot Turkey Breast
Wash turkey breast off and place in crockpot. You can add a few raw bacon strips to the top of it and sprinkle some onion soup mix to the top of it. You can put water or chicken broth in the bottom, just enough to cover the bottom. Cook on high 4-5hours or low 8-10. Sometimes I turn it on before going to bed at night. Then let cool and debone. You can keep the leftover broth in the crockpot and then add all the bones to the broth and add in a couple carrots and celery and turn it on low or high and let simmer for several hours and have your own turkey/chicken broth, just strain into containers or mason jars and freeze.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie
2 (9in) frozen pie crusts, or refrigerated
1 pkg frozen mixed veggies
2C cooked, diced chicken or turkey
1 can cream chicken soup, or cream celery soup
1/2C milk
Preheat oven to 350. Combine the mixed veggies, chicken, soup and milk. Pour into the crust. Place the top crust on and seal the edges. Poke holes in the top. Bake 350 for 30min or until golden brown

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...