Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cream Cheese Banana Bread

Today I am posting an amazing bread recipe..I know, yesterday I said dessert...but, in my book this tastes like dessert! I know I got this off of a blog, but I can not remember which one to give the credit to. I did change it just a bit though. I have never made banana bread with cream cheese, so I found this recipe exciting to try. I found the results to be moist and delicious! I made mine in 4 mini loaves, ate one myself, froze two, gave one away to a dear neighbor! ENJOY!!

Cream Cheese Banana Bread
8 oz cream cheese, softenend
1 C sugar
1/4C butter
2-3 mashed bananas
2 eggs
2 1/4C flour ( I use half white, half white wheat)
1 1/2t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1C chopped nuts, optional
sugar cinnamon to sprinkle on top

preheat 350 and grease bread pan, or 4 mini loaves
In large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and butter. Mix in banana and eggs until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into pan(s), sprinkle with sugar or sugar cinnamon mixture and cook 60-70 min, or until brown on top

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...