Friday, April 29, 2011

Grilled Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms

Oh My! I saw this recipe at the cute blog The Kitchen Cookie and I knew right away that I had to try this! It is only three ingredients and they are each yummy...mushrooms, bacon, bbq sauce! A little slice of heaven for sure! The sun finally came out today and temps got above 50 finally....seems like we have been stuck in the highs of 40 or 50 and at this time of year it has been depressing! So I am grilling tonight and making these yummy beauties.  Thank you Kitchen Cookie for sharing this little slice of heaven with us!
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
white button mushrooms
bacon, cut in half
favorite bbq sauce
wooden skewers
Soak the wooden skewers in water for a bit so they don't scorch on the grill. Take the stem out of each mushroom and wrap a half piece of bacon around the mushroom and seal by placing on the wooden skewer...skewer, that is a strange word...after all the mushrooms are skewed! lol! then brush with your favorite bbq sauce....or if you have a husband like mine who doesn't care for bbq sauce(that is a sin in my book)then maybe try sprinkling with your favorite seasoning....but, my husband did try the ones with bbq sauce on them and he loved them. The bbq sauce takes on a different flavor after it cooks with the bacon and I wouldn't probably even make these without the bbq sauce, the sauce is what makes these!
These are the mushrooms before grilling

YUM! Look for the asparagus recipe tomorrow! 

2 comments:

Martha said...

mmm yum! Thanks for the 'shout out' I want to grill some burgers today and it just so happens I have mushrooms and bacon in the fridge. hhmmm, should I do it again, do ya think? :) Have a wonderful day!

Tiffanee said...

Loving this also!! Now I got to try this out and soon. Bookmarking it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...