Monday, August 15, 2011

BlackBottom Cupcakes

I first had these gems when I met my MIL, it was love at first bite. I got the recipe from her and tried to make them, but as always, it is never the same as the original baker's. So, in the last 13 years, I've made them twice, only because I let my MIL make them! I have not had any in a few years from her, and the hubby and I have been craving them, so I made them again....hoping they taste like hers! These cupcakes are actually gross when they are warm, have patience and let them get nice and cold in the fridge.
Blackbottom Cupcakes
11/2C flour
1C sugar
1/4C cocoa
1tsp soda
1/2tsp salt
1C water
1T vinegar
1tsp vanilla
1/3C oil
 Stir the above ingredients and pour into paper lined muffin cups about 1/3 full.
Mix the following: 2(8oz)pkgs cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2/3C sugar, 1/4tsp salt
Spoon over the chocolate mixture. Bake at 350 for around 30minutes, they won't look done, but they will set up as they cool. I did 33 minutes and it made the edges hard.
Let cool and refrigerate
Makes 24 cupcakes


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...