Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Easy Salisbury Steak

I must be a "new" blogger because once again I made the meal and didn't take a picture of it before we gobbled it up...and it looked so yummy too! I have a salisbury steak recipe I've used for years, but I came across this one and thought it sounded much quicker. The results were very good and the whole family loved it. The gravy comes out great to put on top of mashed potatoes and I served it with peas and homemade wheat rolls. Comfort food at its best!
Easy Salisbury Steak
1pd lean ground beef
1 C stovetop stuffing(just dry)(I used savory herb)
1 egg
1pkg onion soup seasoning, or
1/2t onion powder and garlic powder if you don't have the onion soup mix
2T flour
1C beef broth(I boil 1C water and add 2 beef bouillon cubes and stir)
1 can cream mushroom soup
Mix together the beef, stuffing, egg and seasoning. Form into patties(I made 7) and cook in a large skillet until browned on both sides(don't cook all the way through). Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan add soup and beef broth and bring to gentle boil and add 2T flour and mix well. If your family likes mushrooms and onion you can saute these and add the flour to this and then add the soup and broth. After adding the flour gently boil for one minute and then add the patties back in the pan. Cover and simmer for 15minutes. I flip them half way. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggie and rolls. My family liked ketchup on the patties.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...